Sunday, May 19TRUSTED FEARLESS,FAIR,FRESH,FIRST NATIONAL INTERNATIONAL NEWS PORTAL

Tag: kkr

Sports

‘If he could just tone down a bit then…’: Former player disagrees with Gambhir’s comment on ex-cricketers | Cricket News – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Kolkata Knight Riders mentor Gautam Gambhir recently made waves by disparaging AB de Villiers and Kevin Pietersen. In response, former cricketer Atul Wassan suggested that the 42-year-old Gambhir possesses significant talent but should consider moderating his tone.The controversy began when De Villiers and Pietersen criticized Hardik Pandya, the captain of Mumbai Indians, for his subpar performance in the IPL 2024.Gambhir retaliated in an interview, stating, "De Villiers and Pietersen's records as captain are also not impressive."Speaking to ANI, Wassan said Gambhir is a great player and achieved many things in his cricketing career.Wassan revealed that the KKR mentor believed that facing adversity and challenges would push him to perform at his peak. This approach seemed to ...
Sports

IPL playoff scenarios: Five teams are still in the hunt for the last two spots as Rajasthan Royals suffer another defeat | Cricket News – Times of India

Punjab Kings secured a five-wicket victory over Rajasthan Royals on Wednesday, buoyed by an exceptional all-round performance from skipper Sam Curran. While the win provided Punjab with a consolation victory, it dealt a blow to Rajasthan's aspirations of clinching a top-two finish in the league stage, coming on the heels of their confirmation for a playoff spot just a day earlier.Rajasthan, who stay in second place with one game in hand, and table-toppers Kolkata Knight Riders are the only two teams to have booked their play-off berth.Despite Punjab's earlier exit from the playoff race, Curran's commanding display with both bat and ball highlighted their resilience and determination to finish the season on a positive note.Use TOI's interactive utility to see possible playoff scenariosWi...
Sports

‘Samjho yaar feeling..’: Director fails to persuade KKR’s star batsman Rinku Singh to dance | Cricket News – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Young batting sensation Rinku Singh is known for his exceptional batting skills and his jovial nature. From requesting a bat from Virat Kohli to effortlessly hitting sixes out of the park, Rinku has quickly become a fan favorite.Kolkata Knight Riders recently shared a video on their social media platform, capturing Rinku enjoying a lighthearted moment with his teammates during a photo and video shoot. In the video, the left-handed batsman playfully expressed his inability to dance.The director in the video made valiant attempts to convince Rinku Singh to showcase his dance moves, saying, "Haath pair toh hilana?" To this, Rinku said: 'Director saab, samjho yaar feeling'.However, when the director's efforts proved unsuccessful, KKR's dynamic left-hander Venkatesh Iyer stepped i...
Sports

‘They will win you the trophy’: Mohammad Kaif’s advice to RCB for IPL success | Cricket News – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Former Indian cricketer Mohammad Kaif has offered insightful advice to Royal Challengers Bengaluru, suggesting that the franchise should prioritize investing in Indian players if they aim to clinch the Indian Premier League trophy in the future.Speaking on Star Sports, Kaif lauded RCB's recent resurgence in the tournament despite facing six consecutive losses earlier in the season, stating, "They played so badly.To lose six consecutive matches, which meant they were winless for a month in the tournament. That's why they fell far behind in the standings...The comeback must be applauded. But their chances of making the playoffs are very slim."Kaif emphasized the need for RCB to learn from their experiences, noting, "This is a lesson for RCB for next year. You have to back India...
Sports

IPL playoff scenarios: Two spots, five teams – who has the best chance to qualify? | Cricket News – Times of India

After Delhi Capitals defeated Lucknow Super Giants on Tuesday to keep their slender playoffs qualification hopes alive, Rajasthan Royals became the second team to book a spot in the top four of the ongoing Indian Premier League.Only six league matches left in the tournament, and five teams are still in the fray for the two remaining playoff spots. Use TOI's interactive utility to see possible playoff scenariosHere's the chances of the teams in contention of the final two spots in the IPL playoffs: * KKR now have a 75% chance of finishing sole toppers and a 25% chance of ending up in sole second spot, assuming no more matches get rained off.If they win their last game, they will top. They could top even if they lose their last game, provided RR don’t win both their remaining games* RR wi...
Sports

Harbhajan Singh all praise for Gautam Gambhir’s management at KKR, says team looks… | Cricket News – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Having earlier already qualified for the IPL 2024 playoffs, Kolkata Knight Riders on Monday secured a top-two finish, sharing a point with Gujarat Titans after a washed out game in Ahmedabad.This season, KKR have been the team to beat under mentorship of Gautam Gambhir.They currently have 9 wins and only three defeats in 13 matches and have outplayed and outsmarted oppositions.New mentor has had a big role in KKR's impressive run this season and former spinner Harbhajan Singh on Tuesday lauded Gambhir's influence on the team and his management backstage."KKR is a great unit. It's not just the presence of Gautam Gambhir or Shah Rukh Khan's. They both have great friendship but their dressing room has looked really secure this season. That's what a mentor does. A good mentor whe...
Entertainment

Rituparna Sengupta talks about meeting Juhi and Suhana Khan at IPL match | – Times of India

Amid the electrifying atmosphere of an IPL match between Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) and Mumbai Indians (MI) at Eden Gardens, Rituparna Sengupta, alongside Juhi Chawla, Suhana Khan, Ananya Panday, and Shanaya Kapoor, captivated attention as they cheered on their team. Rituparna, while talking to News18 Showsha, shared her delight at the reunion with Juhi, emphasizing the warmth of their longstanding bond.Recalling her spontaneous attendance at the match, Rituparna revealed Juhi's consistent invitations to every KKR game in Kolkata. Despite a hectic schedule and adverse weather conditions, she cherished the opportunity to witness KKR's victory. Expressing gratitude for Juhi's thoughtful message post-match, Rituparna reminisced about their enduring connection, extending back to Juhi and J...
Sports

IPL playoff scenarios: Which team will join Kolkata Knight Riders in top two? | Cricket News – Times of India

Gujarat Titans became the third team to be knocked out of the Indian Premier League playoff race after their game against Kolkata Knight Riders was washed out on Monday.Use TOI's interactive utility to see possible playoff scenariosWe look at the chances of the teams in contention:*KKR now have a 75% chance of finishing sole toppers and a 25% chance of ending up in sole second spot, assuming no more matches get rained off.If they win their last game, they will top. They could top even if they lose their last game, provided RR don't win both their remaining games.* RR are not sure of topping even if they win their remaining games, but their chances of being sole toppers are a respectable 25%. They also have a nearly 40% chance of finishing sole second. But they are still not guaranteed q...
Politics

‘We will play Qualifier 1 after…’: Elated KKR confirm top-two finish in IPL playoffs | Cricket News – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Already qualified Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) on Monday secured a top-two spot in the IPL playoffs following a washed-out match against the Gujarat Titans in Ahmedabad.The game's abandonment due to rain ensured that KKR, who now have 19 points with a match to go against Rajasthan Royals, gained one point to finish in the upper echelons of the league table.The achievement means that KKR now have an advantage of going into the playoffs, with a chance to go directly into the final.The team's consistent performance throughout the season has been pivotal in reaching this stage.On the other hand, last-year's runners-up Gujarat Titans have been knocked out of the play-off race after rain forced their IPL match against KKR to be abandoned without toss taking place.The Kolkata side's ...
Sports

IPL 2024: Struggling Gujarat Titans take on rampant Kolkata Knight Riders | Cricket News – Times of India

AHMEDABAD: After a much needed 35-run win over defending champions Chennai Super Kings on Friday put some spark into their floundering campaign, Gujarat Titans will have to play out of their skin if they are to beat table-toppers Kolkata Knight Riders at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Monday.Kolkata Knight Riders are coming off a comfortable 18-run victory over Mumbai Indians on Saturday, a win that made them the first team to secure a playoffs spot.The Titans' batting unit would be looking to continue their form from the last match but they face a stiff challenge in the form of KKR bowling.In Varun Chakaravarthy (18 wickets in 12 matches), Harshit Rana (16 wickets in 10 matches), Sunil Narine and Andre Russell (both 15 wickets in 12 matches), KKR have four bowlers among the ...
Sports

‘Cheete ki chaal…’: Rohit Sharma gets backing from ex-cricketer amid backlash for poor batting form | Cricket News – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Former Indian spinner Pragyan Ojha has expressed his support for former Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma amid criticism over his lacklustre batting performance in the ongoing Indian Premier League 2024 season.Taking to X, Ojha wrote, "Cheete Ki Chaal, Baaz Ki Nazar, Aur #Rohirat Ke batsmanship Par Sandeh Nahi Karte….! (The gait of a cheetah, the vision of a hawk, and the batting skills of Rohit & Virat are never doubted.) "Previously, ex-Indian opener Virender Sehwag expressed his concerns regarding Rohit Sharma's batting approach, specifically focusing on his dismissals."You could be Rohit Sharma or Suryakumar Yadav, but at least respect the delivery if you can't respect the bowler. The ball on which Rohit Sharma got out wasn't a weak ball. No doubt Rohit and Suryakum...
Sports

‘Samajhdari jaruri thi…’: Virender Sehwag explains how a ‘right’ decision led KKR into the IPL play-offs | Cricket News – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Kolkata Knight Riders scripted a pivotal win against Mumbai Indians in a rain-curtailed spectacle at the iconic Eden Gardens, securing a coveted spot in the playoffs of the Indian Premier League. The heroics of spinner Varun Chakravarthy stole the show, leaving a lasting imprint on KKR's journey to the playoffs.Former India cricketer Virender Sehwag applauded the decision making from KKR, allowing Varun to bowl the maximum four overs [only one bowler was allowed to bowl four overs in an innings as the rain has curtailed the match to 16-overs-a-side] instead of more established international bowlers like Sunil Narine and Mitchell Starc."They have Sunil Narine and Mitchell Starc - who play international cricket and different T20 leagues. They didn't get the four overs. Toh yeh ...
Sports

With latest golden duck, KKR’s Sunil Narine tops unwanted record list in T20 cricket | Cricket News – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Kolkata Knight Riders explosive opener Sunil Narine had a brain fade moment on Saturday as he left a Jasprit Bumrah in-swinging yorker only to lose his off stump for a first-ball duck in the clash against Mumbai Indians at the Eden Gardens. In red-hot form this IPL, it was a first duck of the season for Narine.And with his golden duck against MI, Narine topped the list of batters with most number of zero scores in T20 cricket. The 35-year-old now has 44 ducks in T20 cricket and is followed by England's Alex Hales, who has registered zero 43 times.Afghanistan and Gujarat Titans all-rounder Rashid Khan (42) is third on the list followed by Ireland's Paul Stirling (32). Glenn Maxwell and Jason Roy jointly occupy the fifth in the list with 31 ducks each. The no score against MI a...
Sports

IPL 2024: Kolkata Knight Riders face Mumbai Indians in bid for a top-two spot – Times of India

A win against Mumbai Indians will ensure a playoff berth for hostsKOLKATA: Taking the bigger picture into consideration, the outcome of the match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Mumbai Indians at the Eden Gardens here on Saturday will not have much of an effect on this year's IPL. While the hosts have all but sealed a playoff berth, MI became the first team to be eliminated.But the result can have some impact on the fortunes of KKR, who will be keen to finish among the top two in the league stage.They are already at pole position (16 points) and will look to win their remaining three matches to get the advantage of taking a 'double shot' at reaching the final.Going by present form, that should not be difficult for the Shreyas Iyer-led boys who are on a roll, playing some destructive c...
Politics

Chennai Super Kings remain in top four despite losing to Gujarat Titans: IPL playoff scenarios in 10 points – Times of India

With 11 games left to be played in the league stage of IPL 2024, there remain 2,048 possible combinations of match results. No one is yet certain of making the playoffs, but two teams (MI and PBKS) are totally ruled out. Use TOI's interactive utility to see possible playoff scenariosWe look at the chances of each team:KKR - The team currently topping the table have a 36% chance of finishing the sole toppers and they could do that even with just one win from their remaining three games.Their chances of finishing joint toppers on points are an impressive 62.5%. At worst they can finish tied for third spot. Yet, they are still not sure of making the playoffs. If they lose all their remaining games, they could end up tied third with any two of CSK, DC and LSG depending on results in other g...
Sports

‘Enjoy the moment, but…’: KKR all-rounder Sunil Narine reveals the story behind his ‘muted’ celebration | Cricket News – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) all-rounder Sunil Narine is known for his 'muted' celebration style on the cricket field. He recently shared the story behind his subdued way of celebrating achievements during matches.Narine explained that the advice from his father plays a significant role in how he conducts himself after taking a wicket or reaching a milestone.His father's words were clear: never take the game for granted and always enjoy the moment.However, he emphasised the importance of not going overboard with celebrations. This philosophy has been a guiding principle for Narine throughout his career. He believes in showing respect to the game and his opponents by not displaying excessive jubilation."Growing up, a lesson that I got from my Dad was that if you get someone out...
Sports

Watch: ‘Pati, patni aur cricket’ – Nitish Rana sent to the cleaners by Saachi | Cricket News – Times of India

Kolkata Knight Riders' (KKR) batsman Nitish Rana had a tough time bowling to his better half, Saachi Marwah, in a fun cricket sesison captured on a video by KKR, which has gone viral on social media.IPL 2024: Results | Points Table"Ye kya face-off chal raha hai?," Nitish is asked by the person shooting the video. "Pati, patni face-off," the 30-year-old batsman replies with a smile. WATCH VIDEOAfter Saachi hits Nitish on one of his deliveries, Nitish reacts: "Mere se achha pull (shot) hai."KKR are enjoying a successful IPL 2024, currently sitting on top of the points table, ahead of Rajasthan Royals on net run-rate.Both have registered 8 wins in 11 matches, which gives them 16 points each. Kolkata are looking to win their third IPL title, having lifted the trophy under Gautam Gambhir's c...
Sports

KKR players spend night in Varanasi after flight diverted multiple times due to bad weather

Kolkata Knight Riders players in the charter flight that had to be diverted to Guwahati first and then to Varanasi after adverse weather conditions made it impossible to land the plane in Kolkata. Photo: X/@KKRiders Kolkata Knight Riders players had a harrowing experience as they were forced to spend a night at Varanasi after their flight from Lucknow to Kolkata was diverted multiple times due to bad weather. Following their massive 98-run win over Lucknow Super Giants on Sunday, the Shreyas Iyer-led side left on Monday evening for Kolkata at 5:45 p.m. The team was scheduled to arrive at 7.25 p.m. But the charter flight had to be diverted to Guwahati first and then to Varanasi after adverse weather conditions made it impossible to land the plane in Kolkata. The KKR media team provided ...
Sports

We are focused on following template set by Gambhir: KKR’s Harshit Rana

 Young pacer Harshit Rana feels Kolkata Knight Riders are reaping the rewards by following the winning template set by two-time IPL winner. File picture | Photo Credit: Deepak K R Young pacer Harshit Rana feels Kolkata Knight Riders are reaping the rewards by following the winning template set by two-time IPL winner and current mentor Gautam Gambhir as they continued their sensational run to grab the top position in the IPL points table.Gambhir had led KKR to the IPL crown twice with the team also qualifying for the playoffs five times during his stint from 2011 to 2017. He had also guided KKR to the finals of the now-defunct Champions League T20 in 2014. However, in the last seven years, KKR could reach the playoffs only twice.Gambhir's return to the KKR camp as a mentor this year tu...