Here is what you need to know about their route to the final:
HOW DID ARGENTINA QUALIFY FOR THE ROUND OF 16?
* The top two in each World Cup group advance to the last 16. The knockout rounds, which began on Dec. 3, feature one-off matches, which can go to extra time and penalties to decide the winners.
* Argentina recovered from their shock defeat to Saudi Arabia with back-to-back wins over Mexico and Poland to finish as winners of Group C.
HOW DID ARGENTINA REACH THE QUARTER-FINALS?
* Lionel Messi and Julian Alvarez scored in Argentina’s 2-1 win over Australia in their Round of 16 tie.
HOW DID ARGENTINA REACH THE SEMI-FINALS?
* Argentina beat the Netherlands 4-3 in a penalty shootout in their quarter-final tie, after Nahuel Molina and Lionel Messi’s goals were cancelled out by a brace from Dutch substitute Wout Weghorst.
Argentina beat Netherlands on penalties to reach FIFA World Cup semis
<p>Argentina beat Netherlands on penalties to reach FIFA World Cup semis</p>
WHO ARE ARGENTINA’S OPPONENTS IN THE SEMI-FINALS?
* Argentina will face Croatia in the semi-finals, after the 2018 finalists beat favourites Brazil on penalties.
WHO COULD ARGENTINA FACE IN THE FINAL?
* If Argentina go all the way to the final, they could potentially find themselves taking on either 2018 champions France (Group D winners), England (Group B winners), Portugal (Group H winners) or Morocco (Group F winners).