In the wake of rise in Covid-19 cases in the state, Tamil Nadu government has imposed several restrictions starting from April 10.
As per the announcement, the state government has ruled out night curfew but has put a ban on Temple festivals, religious events. Though offices can run, the government has advised the eligible candidates to take COVID-19 vaccine in order to avoid spread of deadly virus.
Here’s a list revised rules and guidelines:
- Only 50% seating capacity in hotels and tea stalls
- Temple festivals, religious events banned
- spectators not allowed in playground, IPL should be held without audience in Chennai
- E Registration mandatory to enter the state
- Offices can run, but government advises to take vaccine seriously
Tamil Nadu High Court on Wednesday warned the state government about worsening COVID-19 situation in the state. People are not wearing masks and appear to be taking chances, noted High Court Chief Justice Sanjib Banerjee.